Menu

Epic Games creates ‘Epic Games Store’ Marketplace for Gamers & Developers

Epic Games announced today the new Epic Games Store, an online video game store/marketplace for developers and gamers.  Similar to the Valve’s Steam Store, video game developers will be able to sell games using the new Epic Games Store.

According to Epic, the Epic Games Store will grow over the year 2019.

 “The store will launch with a hand-curated set of games on PC and Mac, then it will open up more broadly to other games and to Android and other open platforms throughout 2019.”

Whats the difference?

Epic is only keeping 12% of the sales, leaving 88% in the hands of the developer.  Valve on the other hand will keep as much as 30% of the sale, leaving only 70% for the developer.

On top of that, Epic will cover the 5% engine royalty of any games created using Epic’s Unreal Engine and sold on the Epic Games Store.  All still included in their 12%!

About the Epic Games Store

Have a Direct Relationship With Players
People who buy your games automatically subscribe to your newsfeed so you can reach them with game updates and news about upcoming releases. The newsfeed is front-and-center.  You’ll also be able to reach your players through email, if they choose to share it.

Connect with Creators
YouTube content creators, Twitch streamers, bloggers, and others are at the leading edge of game discovery. The 10,000-strong Epic Games Support-A-Creator program helps you reach creators, so they can help you reach players. If you opt to participate, creators who refer players to buy your game will receive a share of the revenue that you set (tracked by code or affiliate marketing link). To jumpstart the creator economy, Epic will cover the first 5% of creator revenue-sharing for the first 24 months.

Developers Control Their Game Pages
As a developer, you control your game page and your newsfeed. There will be no store-placed ads or cross-marketing of competing games on your page, and no paid ads in search results.

All Engines Are Welcome
The Epic Games store is open to games built with any engine, and the first releases span Unreal, Unity and internal engines.

When You Succeed, We Succeed
We’ve built this store and its economic model so that Epic’s interests are aligned with your interests.  Because of the high volume of Fortnite transactions, we can process store payments, serve bandwidth, and support customers very efficiently. From Epic’s 12% store fee, we’ll have a profitable business we’ll grow and reinvest in for years to come!

Streamer, gamer, and writer.

Published in Gaming, Latest, New Games, News & UpdatesEpic Games creates ‘Epic Games Store’ Marketplace for Gamers & Developers

Streamer, gamer, and writer.

Follow Us


Help us by following @GamingEditorial on Twitter & YouTube.

Filter Games

How Gaming Editorial Works

Create an editorial. Anything you want related to gaming, with you as the author. Start your portfolio.

Create an Editorial

Why Should I Write on Gaming Editorial?

Do you enjoy writing? Video games? There are careers in e-sport journalism waiting for you! Unless you’ve written for other websites in the past, your portfolio and resume may not be up to par.

Create your account and start working on your own editorial pieces. Use your profile and collection of editorials as your first entry into a video game journalism career. Meet other editors, read their articles, recommend, favorite, and comment to interact. We are in the early stages of the Gaming Editorial vision, and it’s a great time to start.

Register Read How It Works

 

Begin your journey and start writing. Build your portfolio.